A cave house in Spain has a number of important advantages compared to conventionally built houses. These can be summarised as follows:
- Compared to a conventional house or flat of the same size, a cave house in Spain can be significantly cheaper. As examples, it is still possible to buy a three bedroomed cave house, requiring some work, for around 55,000€, and a four bedroom cave house for about 66,000€.
- Each cave home is uniquely different. Because almost all the modernised cave homes are made from much older dwellings, each hewn out by hand no two caves are alike. So there is no danger of ending up with a uniform box designed flat or house.
- Because the cave rooms are sunk into the rock they maintain roughly the same temperature summer and winter, between 16 and 19°C. There is absolutely no need for air conditioning in the summer and winter heating requirements are significantly lower than in conventionally built houses. As a result power consumption and costs are much lower.
- Recently renovated cave houses can come with double block cavity insulated external wall, double glazed windows and extra roof insulation making them beautifully cool in the summer and cosily warm on those winter nights, providing furthercomfort and economy.
- They have a quaintness and charm rarely found in so called "modern properties", yet they have all the facilities you expect from a new home. Electricity, mains water, mains sewerage, telephone, satellite TV and broadband Internet are all available enabling you to have the best of both worlds.
- Almost all cave homes are built on the outskirts of villages, free from the bustle and crime found in the "little Englands" on the coast. These villages have small supermarkets, health clinics, schools, bars and restaurants and are easily able to meet all your day to day needs. The villagers, almost without exception are friendly and welcoming.
- Low maintenance is another benefit. With few external walls and often no roof to worry about, maintenance costs can be kept to a minimum.
So, why not come out and experience a few days in a cave home. It is easy to book, easy to get here on Spain's excellent roads and a memorable experience too. Find out more by visiting by filling in the form below.